Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Beginning

Ok, I have been meaning to start a blog since . . . the beginning of blogging. Watching the episode of Jenn and Dee below finally got me in the mood to truly do it. Jenn and Dee is my newest obsession. Fione arse women, educated, funny, and did I mention fione? You know I am on top of it. I must thank my little sis, Shay, for putting me on to it. Thankies Shay! The actual video is 41 mins long but this is just a preview. Y'all be sure to support Jenn and Dee.

Jenn and Dee on coming out.






..

The reason that it inspired me so was the coming out stories they started telling. It made me reflect on my personal story and the drama behind it. That is a whole other post, though.

I am going to go ahead and tell y'all about me. I am 25 from South Carolina and openly of the lesbian persuasion. Unapologetically so might I add. I am currently a student (don't ask my major because I couldn't tell you) and have a two year old daughter that you will probably hear loads about. My obsessions include my daughter, here on known as Sunshine, my hair, Nappturality.com, and The Fam and our issues.

Since I have already plugged NP.com, I am going to go ahead and tell you about it. It is a forum dedicated to the maintenance and beauty of natural black hair. Natural meaning no products with goal of loosening or straightening the texture of kinky, coily black hair. Here you can find thousands of women who are natural, transitioning, and thinking about making the BC. These women are always ready with helpful advice 24/7. Be sure to check it out . It is definitely worth the look.

I am running out of things to talk about now. So I am signing out. Be sure to tune in for more.

No comments: